Sunday, May 18, 2008

I felt totally distracted today.

During worship I had so many things going through my mind that I definitely didn't focus on the most important thing. Which was worshipping God and giving Him all my attention.

When I sang the praises, I felt that I didn't mean what I sang. I was just singing from memory and wasn't paying attention to the lyrics of the songs at all.

For the church responses to the liturgy, like the call to worship, I was merely pronouncing the words that I read.

I can't even remember what texts the scripture readings came from.

It was kind of hard not to pay attention to this week's sermon. Because of the nature of it. But even so, I only grasped the last part of it.

Communion was a routine for me today.

Bible class was something that I just wanted to get over with.

After church, we had an outing with 10 old folks from a Christian home. And even then, instead of helping out, I was given the task of taking pictures. So again I felt distant.

Back home, I looked through the pictures that I took. And I could see God working through the church members. People were serving the old folks and having fellowship.

And this is one of those days that I am truly thankful that I have brothers and sisters who continue to serve and worship God when I find it difficult to do so.