Monday, May 12, 2008

It's great being able to sleep in! Especially when you've been sleeping at 5am working on a slideshow for the past two nights.

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday and also Mother's day. And so I found myself caught up in the preparation for the 2-in-1 day.

On Friday, Joeru, my dad and I went grocery shopping. I'll be the first to admit that I know nuts about grocery shopping. But we had an expert in Joeru. I was basically there to help carry the stuff. The foodstuff in our trolley was close to overflowing when we reached the counter. Buying groceries to feed 100 people was definitely an interesting experience.

I spent the whole night working on a slideshow for Sunday's worship. Slept at 5am.



On Saturday, a bird flew into my room and made a scene. It was 10am. And I couldn't get back to sleep after that. Went to church in the afternoon for a meeting.

The youth from church met around 4pm. We prepared for the Mother's day lunch on Sunday. Ended up with a few wounded (me included), lots of spillage, some stressful moments, and fun.

I spent the whole night working on a slideshow for Sunday's worship. Slept at 5am.



On Sunday, I woke up at 8am. And I prayed that I wouldn't fall asleep during worship. And I didn't :)

Communion was done differently. We were seated at tables. There was a scripture reading from Acts about the Holy Spirit being poured out on the disciples. There were 6 scripture readers. Each of them took turns reading each verse in a different language. And then all of them read the last verse together. In the different languages. And it was really impactful. Really gives me a better picture of how it could have been in that scene in Acts.

During the partaking of the communion, we were asked to share with the people at our table about a few things. And I really enjoyed the conversation at our table.

After worship, we had the Mother's day lunch. The food was good. But we found out that we had cooked too much food. And I think the leftovers could have filled 12 baskets! Well, we tried to get the church members to take back some of the food. And then we took the rest to a workers' dormitory near the church. Hopefully it'd help them.

Hung out in church till around 5pm. And then headed to meet some of the youth at City Hall for dinner. Attended Andris' school choir concert. It was really good.



And for once in 3 nights, I actually managed to sleep at 12am.