It's now about 1am and I'm still not feeling sleepy yet. Must be the effects of sleeping for 15 hours on Monday night. Well, since I can't sleep, I might as well blog.
Today's going to be my last day of internship with my church. And I'm feeling a touch of sentimentality... ok not that much. Definitely not as much as the two times when I had to come home from the Payap internship in Chiang Mai. But I guess those times were different. I was leaving something behind. And I didn't know when and if I could return.
This time, I'm not really leaving anything behind when the internship ends. Instead, I'm keeping stuff like memories and experiences that were made at the very church I worship at every Sunday. It has been an interesting journey. I've done stuff that I'd never have imagined doing... like extracting a dead bird from the ceiling of the church and uprooting a small tree from the roof of the shed. All with Kenneth's help of course :)
In terms of learning to plan for camps, I've had the front row seat to the making of Angkor of Faith 2. And from time to time, I found myself having to get the props ready and even write part of the script. Really tiring experience! But it was so worth it.
AOF 2 will probably be the highlight of my internship. Kinda like how Angkor Wat is the main attraction in Siem Reap. All the youth from different countries that I met at camp, the street kids who hung out with us, and not forgetting the adult leaders have definitely added to my life. Added things like love, friendship, experiences, memories...
Back in church, I'll miss the discussions with my dad and Joeru. Discussions about the angry Chinaman, asian culture, the cult, the crowd and the community and how it affects Christianity.
I'll also miss the course on Christian Witness in an Age of Globalisation at Trinity Theological College. Along with Dr Kwa's devotional time before class starts. And her ang mor accent, that she uses as she lectures, which gives way to her Singlish as soon as she finishes her lecture. Well, I still have about 2 more classes to treasure.
I did other things during internship which are not mentioned in this blog. But these are written that you may get a summary of what I did and not to bore you :)
Some pics from the internship:
Pics from my previous internship in Payap:
